To help your players learn good ball control and concentration as well as a team focus for good setting.
- Divide your players into two groups
- Place one group on each side of the court
- Give each group 3-5 balls
- The first player in line will start setting their ball in the air and walking forward underneath it to the other side of the court.
- Once they reach the far side they will continue setting while they shuffle sideways for about 10 feet.
- Then they will transition to setting backwards and will walk backwards back to the starting side of the court.
- Once they reach the other side they will shuffle sideways once more for another 10 feel while they continue to set the ball.
- Then they will finish near the net, setting continuously while walking back to the far side of the court.
- Once the first player has reach the far side of the court the second player in line can go.
- Make sure each player gets the opportunity to complete this drill at least 2-3 times.
- Players will develop greater control and concentration as they try to keep their sets in the air while they are walking forward,
backward and shuffling