Saving the ball off the net is one skill that is good to teach and build for game situations.
- Divide your players into two groups
- Set-up two lines, one on each side of the attack line
- Coach will stand mid court
How it Works
- The coach will throw a ball against the net (simulating how the ball finds the net during a game).
- The player will need to watch where the ball is going, get into position, and get under the ball to recover it.
- The coach will throw another ball into the net to the other line.
- The first player in line will watch, react, and recover.
- This will continue until each player has been able to complete a ‘net save’ at least once from each line.
- Net balls can be unpredictable, and practice recovering them is going to be able to improve the overall skills of your team, it will also help players learn to watch the ball off the net instead of just jumping to where they think the ball will go.
- With proper reaction, technique and practice, your players should be able to set up and get into a good position to make this ‘net save’ pass.