To encourage proper setting technique, keeping the head up and developing good footwork.
- Divide your players into groups of 3
- Give each group a ball
- Have each group form a triangle
- One player will start by tossing the ball to the top of the triangle.
- Once they toss the ball, they will follow their toss running on the outside behind the other player.
- The second player will then set the ball to the third player and will follow the ball running behind the third player.
- The third player will set the ball back to the first player who will now be at the top of the triangle.
- The ‘set and follow’ cycle continues until the group can put together 10 good consecutive sets.
- This drill will help players develop the setting skills they will need to build up to the hitting portion of the game.
- Good sets are key to having a good offensive team, make sure that each players sets are controlled and that your players are using the proper technique to produce quality set.