To provide an opportunity for your players to work on their reaction abilities and skills
- Divide your players into four groups
- Each group will have one player at the net and the a line of remaining players in the back court
- The first back court player will start with their back to the net
- To start the player at the net will slap the ball and then tip it over the net.
- The first back court player must turn around, locate the ball, and complete a proper dig.
- They must complete 10 successful digs before switching to another player.
- Make sure that each player gets the opportunity to be in the back court and complete the digs.
- This is a great way to help train your players reaction and ball awareness.
- Sometimes players could get confused if each group is slapping the ball at different times so you may consider using a whistle and having each player tip the ball on the whistle.