This drill is similar to 3 on 3 tactics, except now we bring in a full court of defenders. The emphasis is again on staying in base position and reading the ball from there.
- Each team will begin with 6 players
- 1 Coach will remain on the sideline with a couple balls
How it Works
- Coach will lob a serve to the offense, who will then try to pass to the setter and get a 1st kill.
- The defense will then have to return the pass, attempting to continue the rally.
- The drill will continue with the lob coming into the offense and the defense rallying – if the defense can get 3 points in a row they win the drill.
- This is a tough drill on the defense, because the offense will almost always be coming out of their offense.
- The defensive focus is making proper defensive moves, whereas the offense is working on getting that 1st kill.
- See if outside hitters are facing angle or facing line.
- Make sure your front row is getting back to their base position behind the 3 meter lane.