To teach your players a basic offensive play that will add complexities and a little confusion for defensive players.
- Divide your players into groups of 4: One Passer, One Setter & Two Attackers
- Start on the other side of the net with the ball
- The coach will toss the ball into play to the Passer.
- The Passer must complete a clean bump to the Setter
- The Setter will then call out an Attacker and complete a good set.
- Both Attackers will attack the net but only one will hit the ball.
- Toss another ball into play and repeat.
- This is good experience for the Attackers to learn, as this is a standard play at the high school and college level.
- The key to this is for the Setter and the Attackers to be able to communicate and deceive the defense.
- Remind the Setter to try and mix the play up and change up who is hitting.
- You can add a third Attacker into the mix to make the drill a little more difficult.