To simulate the quick action a player will need during the course of any game.
- Set-up two groups, one on each side of the net, lined up near the service line.
- Place a coach or player near the net with a basket of balls.
How it Works
- The coach will spike the ball to the first player in line.
- The player will make a good pass back towards the net.
- Then the coach will toss a ball to middle court.
- The player will run and complete a middle hit.
- Then the player shuffles sideways towards the net and goes up for a block.
- Then the coach throws a ball toward the sideline (simulating a tip).
- The player must complete a 180 degree turn and dive to make a hit on the “tipped ball”.
- 8. Once the first player has completed all the hits the next player begin.
- This drill simulates the type of game play a player might expect during a game: pass the ball, prepare to hit, make a block and dive to recover a tip.
- It will definitely build the quickness and agility of your players.
- You can increase the difficulty by making the triangle bigger and having offside hits or power hits before having to make the tip recover.