This is a great defensive drill that pits three hitters (and a setter) versus a full defense.
- Set-up a defensive formation on one side of the net.
- Set-up 3 Hitters and 1 Setter on the other side of the net.
How it Works
- The coach will toss the ball into play to the Setter from the sideline.
- The Setter will complete a set to one of the Hitters.
- The Hitter will smash a hit over the net to the defense.
- The defense must read the Setter and Hitter to try and make a block, or field the ball if the hit goes over.
- The offense gets one point if they score, the defense gets one point if the prevent the offense from scoring.
- The first team to 10 points or the team with the most points within 5 minutes wins.
- This is a challenging drill for the defending team, because they have to defend against a free hit by the offense.
- It will definitely help your defense build their defensive tactics and their ability to read opposing offensive sets.