To help tighten up the defense so that your team can close defensive gaps in an efficient manner.
- A coach on the referee podium with a ball.
- Set a group of players in a serve receive, defensive position.
- The coach will throw the ball into play by tossing it into an open gap between players.
- The players nearest the ball must communicate to cover the open area where the ball is going.
- The players should field the ball and hit it over the net.
- The coach will toss another ball into play into a new hole.
- Rotate players as needed.
- Team communication can avoid so many lost points, over time you should see better performance on the court for your team
with good communication.
- Encourage active communication and have the players encourage their teammates as well.