This serving drill allows players to work on their fundamentals in a controlled environment.
- Players will get into pairs.
- Each pair will have one ball.
- Players will then head to opposite sides of the court, a couple feet behind the attack line
How it Works
- Players will serve to their counterparts on the other side of the court.
- The receiver will catch the serve, and hit a serve of their own back to their partner on the other side of the court.
- The drill will continue like so for 2-3 minutes.
- The most important part of the serve is the toss.
- Players should start with left foot forward, toss, step with the left foot, and hit.
- Possible single focuses: getting the perfect toss, reaching high on the ball, keeping left foot forward, and keeping their body upright, driving their hand through the ball.
- Players will take a step back once both they and their partners have hit 2 successful serves in a row.
- This is a great chance to walk around and evaluate players serving technique.