This exercise is designed to help your players make their serves more consistent over the net .
- Divide your team into two groups
- Have each group line up on a service line
- Tape a line from antenna to antenna so that it is about 3 feet above the net
How it Works
- On the whistle, have each group start serving the ball.
- Every time a ball goes over the taped line or hits the line or hits the net, the player has to do fingertip pushups.
- Every time a ball goes in between the tape and the net, that group gets one point.
- The first group to 10 points wins and the other team has to do finger tip pushups.
- Fingertip pushups help develop good hand strength, if you coach younger players you may just have them do regular pushups or fingertip planks.
- This drill will continue to help your players develop their ability to serve effectively.
- Encourage your players to stay in control and use proper form when serving.