To warm up the arms and work on technique all while helping to condition the body.
- Divide your players into two groups, lining up on both serving lines
- Give each player a ball
How it Works
- On the command SET GO, players will all serve their balls at the same time.
- Immediately after they serve, they will sprint around the court to retrieve their ball.
- Once on the other side, with their ball, they will serve again.
- Run this for 5-10 minutes.
- Players will count how many balls they get in play and report it to the coach to record at the end of time.
- The player with the most in-bound serves gets a reward.
- Emphasize to the players that this is not a drill to rush through.
- They need to take their time serving and then make up for it by sprinting to the next serve.
- Make sure they all sprint, not jog – you can subtract the number of times you catch them jogging from their score at the end.