To focus on controlling the serve as well as anticipating the other side of the court.
- Have all your players line up on the same service line to be Servers.
- They should all have a ball and a basket of extra balls.
- Designate one player or coach to be at the opposite service line to be the Inchworm.
How it Works
- The lone player or coach (Inchworm) will slowly move along the service line to a side line.
- The Servers will all be trying to hit the Inchworm.
- Once the Inchworm reaches the side line they will zig-zag back and forth between the two side-lines, moving at a slow pace, towards the net.
- The Inchworm is not allowed to stop moving but may reach out to touch a served ball.
- The Servers will join the Inchworm once they hit them.
- Continue until everyone has succeeded in hitting an Inchworm player.
- This can also be turned into a competition by having opposing sides form an inchworm • It is important for teammates to cheer on the remaining servers to encourage and help them hear which direction to sever in.