To help players find the range needed to place the ball into certain areas of the court when they are serving.
- Create one line of Servers on one side of the court
- Tape off three target areas on the other side
- One in the back left corner
- One in the back right corner
- One in the center of the court
How it Works
- The first Server will step up and start serving.
- They will complete as many serves as it takes to serve a ball into all three of the targets.
- Every time they serve the ball out of bounds or into the net they have to go back to the last target they hit and hit that one again.
- Make sure each player gets a chance to complete this drill.
- This requires your athletes to focus on serving it accurately and properly so that they can do so in games.
- As your team does this drill make sure to emphasize the importance of encouraging their team mates while they are shagging balls, watching or aren’t serving.
- Occasionally you may get a player that has a hard time and takes a long time, be patient and encouraging and help them focus so that they can complete the drill.