This drill is designed to help your players implement and understand the basics of defensive formations.
- Divide your players into teams of 6.
- One team will start on each side of the net in the attack position.
- A coach will start in the middle at the net.
- To start the drill, the coach will move to an area along the net.
- Where the coach stops is where the attack is coming from.
- Each team will adjust from into a defensive position based on where the coach stops.
- The coach will move to another area along the net.
- The teams will adjust into the proper defensive positions again.
- This should continue several times and if you have more than two teams of 6, rotate in new teams every few minutes.
- With practice, players will learn their responsibilities on the court and recognize where they are supposed to be based on the attack.
- This will help your players perform better on defense.