To help players learn to serve consistently and accurately.
- Create two lines of players, one on each service line
- Give each player a ball or each side a group of balls
- On the whistle the players will serve the ball over the net to the other side of the court.
- If there aren’t enough balls for each player, make sure they take turns serving.
- Give them time to complete at least 8-10 serves each
- Help reinforce to players that getting a serve over the net is more important than hitting the ball hard.
- This is something you can run as a practice warm-up at the beginning of every practice.
- You can turn it into a game by keeping score (+1 point for serves that land in the court, -1 point for errors, first side to 21 wins).
- As you focus on serving it will play a big factor in dramatically increasing the number of wins your team has during the season.