To help your players put opponents on their toes by being able to serve to certain areas or players with a weak serve receive.
- Set-up 3 chairs or cones on the back court.
- Draw or tape 2 foot circles around the chairs.
- Line your players up on the other side of the court.
How it Works
- Have the first Server in line complete a successful serve aiming in the lanes between the chairs.
- If they complete a successful serve they go to the end of the line.
- If they hit a chair, the circle around the chair, or don’t complete a good serve then they must do fingertip pushups.
- Complete the drill until every player gets at least 3-5 chances to serve.
- As you use this drill and the principles it teaches your team will develop greater serving accuracy and the players will begin to learn to pick the weak areas of a defense to serve to.
- If you can do this, you will create confusion among the defense and maybe win a few points from a team that doesn’t have the communication skills that your team does.