This drill forces players to work on ball control when serving and passing.
- Create 2 lines of Servers, one on each side of the court
- Give each side 5+ balls
- Create 2 lines of Passers, one in the back left position on each side of the court
- Designate 1 Target on each side starting near the net
- On the whistle, the Servers will serve at the opposing side’s Passer.
- The Passer will receive the serve and will pass the ball to the Target.
- The Target will shag the ball and then go to the back of the serving line on their same side of the court.
- Once a player serves, they will go around the net to the opposing side’s passing line.
- The Passer becomes the next Target 6. Each player must get two passes to the Target from each side of the court.
- Be sure to define to your players what counts as a good pass to Target.
- Make sure the servers are still challenging the passers and not just serving directly to them.