To teach players to attack and aggressively place hits and to look when they are hitting.
- Designate a coach or player in the Setter position with a cart of balls.
- Set-up 1 line of Hitters starting on the left side position at the attack line.
- Set-up 3 mats or targets on the other side of the court.
- Strategically place them where you want your team to hit the ball.
- On the whistle, the Setter will toss a ball to the first hitter in line.
- The Hitter will attack and hit the ball, aiming for the mats on the opposing side of the net.
- Once a player hits, they will go shag their ball, place it in the cart or by the coach, and get in the back of the line.
- As a team, the Hitters need to get 5 solid hits to each spot on the court.
- A hit out of bounds will count against the team as minus 1 point.
- Once they reach 5 on each target, move the targets or move the hitting line to the middle and then to the right side.
- To add extra challenge, have the players attempt to get 5 good hits on each target within a certain time limit.
- Make sure the players are using correct form as they attack the net and hit.