This drill focuses on controlling the body and aim in order to turn serving into an offensive weapon.
- Have all the players line up on both serving lines
- Give each player a ball
- Designate 3-4 targets on each side of the court
- On the whistle, all players will start serving.
- They need to serve 10 balls into the designated targets, chosen by the coach.
- 3 of the serves should be inside the attack line.
- 5 of the balls have to be served consecutively.
- This gets the players using the serve as a tool to score points in a game and strategically placing a ball rather than serving just to get it over the net.
- Add a punishment for the last two people to finish their serves.
- Make sure the balls are all below antenna height for the best results.