To encourage players to feel confident enough to attack from all positions on the court instead of just the front row.
- Create 3 lines of players in the back court.
- Designate 1 Setter near the net.
- One coach in the back court with a cart of balls.
- To start the drill a coach will toss a ball to the Setter near the net.
- The Setter will set the ball to one of the players.
- The player will attack the ball aggressively hitting it over the net.
- The coach will toss another ball to the Setter and the cycle continues.
- The Setter should mix up the sets randomly so that all players must be ready to hit at all times.
- Each player should get to attack the ball at least 10 times from each of the varying positions.
- By encouraging players to attack from the back row, your team can better mix up the offense and confuse the opposing team during games.
- Help your players understand the importance of timing of the approach, it is different than attacking in the front ro.