To have your players focus on passing, setting, and footwork to further build their basic skills and abilities.
- Clear the entire court.
- Set-up one line of players on any outside corner of the court between the attack line and back line.
- Set-up 3 tossers on each side of the net, these can be coaches and players.
- The first player will move inside the court and return the tossed ball back to the first tosser with a BUMP pass.
- Then they will shuffle sideways and receive a toss from the second tosser, returning it with a SET pass.
- Then they will shuffle sideways and return another tossed ball to the third tosser with another BUMP pass.
- They will then run outside the court moving towards the net and will receive another toss from the third tosser, returning it with a SET pass.
- After they pass the outside of the net, they will receive a ball from the first tosser on the other side of the court and will return it with a BUMP pass.
- They will then move back into the court and continue the same return pass cycle – bump, set, bump, set.
- The next player in line can begin once the player in front of them has made it through the first three tosses.
- This works as a great skill developer, but you can also pick up the pace and make it a great conditioning drill as well.