A drill designed to get players a chance to improve individual skills by getting a high number of reps. Can also be done alone, at home.
- Players should find a spot about 10-15 feet from a wall.
How it Works
- Player will start about 10 feet from the wall, holding the ball in front of them.
- They will then toss the ball up, reach up high on the hitting shelf and hit down on it, to produce top spin.
- Player will retrieve ball and repeat.
- This is a great drill, because we can work on lots of different individual skills – attacking, serves, and even setting as well.
- If setting, get much closer to the wall, and focus on keeping the arm steady and rotating the wrists.
- This is a great way to take a walk around and evaluate players, correcting any mistakes you spot and reinforcing good execution.