Here we give players a chance to work on hitting while coming in from off the net, so they can work on staying behind the ball and reaching high on their hitting shelf.
- The offensive player will start just inside the middle of the baseline, with the rest of the offensive players in line a couple feet behind them.
- 3 defensive players will set up next to each other on the far side of the court.
How it Works
- The coach on the offensive side of the court will lob a ball up in the air, aiming for it to land just inside the attack line.
- The player at the front of the line will run up, jump and hit the ball over the net.
- One of the three defenders will return the pass to the coach on their side.
- The hitter will head to the back of the line.
- The coach will pull another ball out of the ball rack, and lob it up for the next player in line.
- Players should focus on maintaining good body balance, keeping the ball in front of you, finding the ball in line with their hitting hand, and reaching high.
- Keep an eye on wasted motion – players should have their hands ready and going straight up, allowing them to get their hands up higher and get more power.