To help players get into a game-like mentality when they are required to hit, recover, and then immediately hit again.
- Set-up two lines of attackers, one on each side of the net.
- Place a setter or coach with each line.
How it Works
- The coach will toss the ball in the air or the setter will set the ball in the air.
- Each attacker will complete three hits – one cross-court hit, one sideline hit, and one corner tip.
- The coach or setter will do all three hits with the same attacker before moving onto the next atttacker.
- Once the first hit is done, the attacker must land, retreat to their defensive position, and the immediately move back into attack to hit the next ball.
- Make sure each player gets the opportunity to complete this drill at least 2-3 times.
- This helps players get a taste of making an attack and then retreating off the net for tip coverage or other defensive responsibilities.
- Make sure this drill is done continuously and that players move from attack to retreat to attack.