This drill gives players a chance to get comfortable timing and reacting to hitters with their blocks.
- Coach will start at the net on the sideline, with a ball rack next to him
- Player doing the blocking will start on the other side of the net
- 3 defensive players will start down on their knees, spread out around the coach
How it Works
- The player will jump once and block one time without the ball.
- The coach will throw the ball over the net.
- The player on the other side of the net will then attempt to block the ball with solid fundamentals.
- The defensive players will attempt to dig the ball up.
- The coach will throw another ball for the blocker.
- On the block, if the defenders are unable to touch the ball, the blocker receives a +1, with a score of +2 allowing them to swap out and bring a new blocker in.
- You can dial in on different single focuses: landing balanced, getting over the top, keeping the hands high.