To work on proper form for players when they are passing
- Give each player a ball
- Have the players scatter across the court and stand about 3 yards away from the nearest player
How it Works
- On the whistle, each player will toss the ball into the air.
- Then they will receive the ball and pass it to themselves.
- They will continue to pass it to themselves under control.
- When a player loses control of the ball and misses a pass, then they are out of the ‘marathon’.
- The last person standing wins and should be rewarded (e.g. doesn’t have to run at the end of practice).
- If you have younger players this might be more difficult to them, if your players are more experienced this game could last a while.
- Remind your players to focus on good body position, good control (not too high), lifting with the legs, a flat ‘table top’ and focus on proper contact with the arms.
- You can increase the difficulty by requiring that they pass back and forth to a partner.