This is a chance for players to work on developing sound fundamental form on their blocks. By eliminating the live ball we allow them to focus on their technique.
- 4-5 players will line up, facing the net, directly in front of it.
- This is a simple drill, allowing players to focus on blocking form.
- They will simply practice jumping up and down with good fundamentals at the net for 1 minute.
- Players should be strong with their arms – if they seem like they’re flailing, get them to get into position and push back on their arms.
- Have them work on different possible single focuses: wide base, thumbs up, keeping hands high, landing balanced.