To provide your players with practice in hitting balls to specific targets on the court.
- Set-up 3 chairs or cones on one side of the court
- Create 2 lines of players on the opposite side of the court
- A coach will start at the net with a ball
How it Works
- The coach will toss the ball up at the net to one line of players.
- The first player in line will do a proper approach and complete a hit, hitting the ball to one of the targets.
- Then the coach will toss a ball to the other line.
- The first player in the second line will approach the net and hit the ball over the net to one of the targets.
- Continue and cycle through until each player has had the opportunity to hit the ball to each of the three targets.
- Players will gain a little more variety in their hits and more repetitions when perfecting their hitting technique.
- You might also consider having some of your more adept hitters going from the left side of the court.
- Proper approach, proper reach and contact points, and angling the body in the direction of the hit are essential to perform this drill properly.