This is designed as a quick tool to help players watch the attacker’s approach to be able to set the appropriate block.
- Create 2 lines of players
- One line of Blockers
- One line of Attackers
- No balls are required
How it Works
- The first Attacker will approach the net from the left side of the court.
- The first Blocker will follow and set up a block on the opposite side of the net.
- The Attacker will shuffle back and then approach the net again.
- The Blocker will mirror their movements jumping up and setting up a block anytime the Attacker approaches the net.
- The Attacker should complete at least the net approaches.
- The second players in line can start once the first players have completed the second block.
- Make sure every player gets the chance to be both a blocker and an attacker.
- It is important that players watch the attacker to know and understand where they are going to set up blocks.
- Once they go throw this several times they will gain a better understanding of how the attacker is going to approach the net, so that they can set up the appropriate block for the hit.