Rally scoring is designed to get players to focus on making high percentage plays and eliminating sill, easily avoidable errors.
- Each team will line up with 6 players.
- Serving team will need a ball to start.
- Player will serve the ball to the other team.
- They will return the serve, attempting to get in their offense and attack the defense.
- This will continue until there is a dead ball, with winning team continuing to serve.
- The goal here is to keep all your hits in the court – you can set goals, like no errors before your team has gotten to 3 points.
- This will force players to asses if they are truly in a position to attack – they’re off balance and out of position, they should go with a more conservative pass, but if they’re in the perfect situation with a great set, they should blast away.
- It can also be a good idea to put a rule in that you can’t get any scoring errors until your at +5 on the score.
- You can penalize these errors however you see fit, whether that’s -1, or -2 points for those early errors.