A game to provide the players with some extra fun while they continue to develop and polish their passing skills.
- Enough balls for each group of players to use 1.
- Group your players into pairs of 2.
- Give each group a ball.
How it Works
- The first player tosses the ball up in the air to their partner and that person plays a pass (bump) back to the partner.
- The second player then tries to set the ball back to their partner.
- The first player then executes a hit (spike) returning the ball to their partner.
- And then the second player must move quickly into position to bump the ball off the spike.
- Complete this at half speed for several rounds before requiring the players to do it at full speed.
- This is a great exercise that helps develop proper passing skills and movement among teammates.
- Once players master each style of pass (Bump, Set, Spike) and can easily complete a full round at half speed, have them increase the speed or do relays against other groups.
- If you have odd numbers or you just want to mix things up, you can form groups of 3 and they can play Triangle Pepper – the same game using three people instead of two.