For both passers and setters to utilize movement and proper positioning at a quicker pace.
- Divide your players into two even groups.
- Each group will run the drill on one side of the court.
- Players will line up in the back left corner.
- A coach will be at the middle of the net.
How it Works
- The coach will start the drill by tossing the ball (simulating a serve) to the players in the back left corner.
- The first player in line will make a good pass back to the coach and run forward just inside the attack line.
- The coach will make another toss (simulating a pass) to the player as they are running into position.
- The player will complete a good set pass, sending the ball back to the coach, and then will shuffle to middle back court.
- While the player is moving to middle court, the coach will toss the ball (simulating a tipped ball).
- The player will bump pass the ball back to the coach and then move to the front right side of the court, inside the attack line.
- The coach will toss the ball again, and the player will set it back.
- Lastly the player will backpedal to the back right corner and receive their last toss from the coach, returning a good bump pass.
- The players complete an M pattern as they move from spot to spot and follow a Bump, Set, Bump, Set, Bump passing pattern.
- When you focus on this in practice it will provide good conditioning and a variety of work on several passing scenarios.