Saving the ball off the net is one skill that is good to teach and build for game situations.
- Divide your players into teams of three.
- Designate a Power Hitter, Offside Hitter and Middle Hitter on each team.
- Tape off an hourglass shape on the court.
How it Works
- Toss a ball into play towards one of the hitters.
- The hitter must hit the ball trying to keep it outside of the taped hourglass.
- The Power Hitter must complete 3 hits – one sideline hit, one cross-court hit, and one deep middle hit.
- The Offside Hitter must complete 3 hits – one sideline hit, one cross-court hit, and one deep middle hit.
- The Middle Hitter must complete 2 hits – one sharp right hit, one sharp left hit.
- If the ball lands in the hourglass it’s minus 1 point, if it lands outside of the hourglass it’s plus 1 point.
- The team with the most points wins and should be rewarded
- When you spend time using this drill your players will be building their accuracy skills through this drill, along with the pressure of beating their teammates in this competitive game