To help players learn how to deal with outside distractions so they don’t foul up on a play.
- Assign 2-3 Servers to one side of the court.
- Give each Server a few balls.
- Place one Target player in the middle near the net.
- The remaining players will line up on the other side of the court.
How it Works
- The first two players in line will come out and start as Passers, the third and fourth players in line will be Harassers.
- The Server will hit the ball over the net and one of the two Passers will try and get under the serve to execute a good pass to the Target.
- At the same time, the Harasser is trying to do everything possible to distract the Passer – they can yell, scream, stomp, etc but cannot touch the Passer.
- After 3-5 serves the next two players in line come on as Harasses, the Harassers become Passers, and the Passers go to the back of the line.
- When Harassers are doing their part correctly this greatly enhances the focus and awareness of the Passers.
- Make sure you rotate the Servers and Target into the drill so that each player gets an opportunity to be a Passer.