To help teach players the importance of angling their blocks to the inside of the court.
- Divide your players into groups of 3.
- A coach or player on the opposite side with a bunch of balls.
- The coach will toss a ball towards the opposite side of the court.
- The players must adjust to the ball, get in position, and block it at the net, preventing the ball from going over the net.
- The coach will continue to toss balls in different directions, angles, and spins.
- The players will continue to move and block.
- Rotate a new group of 3 after 3-5 balls have been tossed.
- With repetition players will have a much better understanding of how to set up a proper block.
- To increase competiveness you can play until the group of 3 doesn’t complete a block successfully and see which group can complete the most consecutive block.